Image Map

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fruit and Yogurt Jars

The heat of the summer is starting to hit most of the country and I’m very excited. I’m the type of person who will not put on shorts until it’s at least 80 outside. And that’s a humid 80. When I lived in Colorado, it routinely got up to 100 degrees during the summertime. However, you would still see me going to work in jeans. I know it sounds cliché, but it’s totally true! It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity, blah blah blah…


Well, I’m back on the coast and there’s definitely humidity here. Lots of it. I can see all the humidity hanging in the air when I open my blinds in the morning. My mornings have been going like this… Alarm goes off – I wake up, excited for a new day. I walk to the windows and open the blinds. My day turns to bad as I realize my hair is going to be crazy today. I’m going to look like Einstein, minus the snazzy mustache.


With all this heat and humidity, I have also been avoiding turning on my oven. Mostly because I’m too cheap to turn on my air conditioning. It was the exact opposite in the winter, when I baked a lot because I was too cheap to turn on my heat. What can I say, I’m a postdoc, we are a cheap bunch. So, instead of baking, I’ve been churning ice cream, making no-bake candies and tossing salads. Today I give you a light, refreshing snack. It’s full of vitamins and topped off with a bunch of protein-rich Greek yogurt. Enjoy some and stay cool!




Fruit & Yogurt Jars
Adapted from Nigella Express


1 16 oz package strawberries, hulled and chopped
1 mango, chopped
1 pint blueberries
2 tbsp pomegranate juice
Juice of ½ lemon
16 oz vanilla Greek yogurt

Toss the strawberries with the pomegranate juice and layer in the bottom of 6 jelly jars. Toss mango with lemon juice and layer on top of strawberries. Add blueberries to the top and add a blob of vanilla yogurt. You’ll have leftover yogurt and blueberries, just toss the blueberries in the remaining yogurt and enjoy!

Look, it's totally portable!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails