Image Map

Monday, July 25, 2011

Honey-Basil Chicken

You may have noticed that I've been missing recently.  I'm three weeks into my first job and things are a little crazy.  I'm working on balancing my work, life, blogging schedule.  I've actually been cooking a lot, since I need to feed boyfriend and myself, I just haven't had the time to get the deliciousness from the camera to you! 

It's been a little tricky to feed both boyfriend and I.  We both eat very different types of food.  He's a HUGE fan of all things pasta, creamy and cheesey.  I like chicken in light sauces.  He doesn't eat seafood, I don't eat beef.  I like to pile my plates high with vegetables and he orders his sandwiches without lettuce or tomatoes. 

Luckily, we can agree on a number of things.  Chicken is a staple in our house, leaving me to find more and more delicious chicken recipes.  That is, until I can convince boyfriend to eat food my way.  I think I need Jessica Seinfelds cookbook...

Honey-Basil Chicken

Both boyfriend and I were pleased with this chicken dish.  It would also be excellent served over brown rice, someone was in the mood for risotto...  Feel free to use any balsamic vinegar that you have in the house, I've made this with raspberry, pomegranate and regular balsamic.

1 cup Raspberry balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp basil, cut into ribbons
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Black pepper
1 lb Chicken breast

In a 9x9-inch glass dish, whisk together vinegar, mustard, soy sauce, honey, basil, thyme and pepper.  Remove about 1/2 cup in a small saucepan.  Add chicken to the glass dish and turn to coat in vinegar mixture.  Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.

Heat your grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.  While chicken is grilling, heat 1/2 cup of vinegar mixture to a boil.  Reduce the volume by half.

Serve chicken over rice and drizzle with reduced sauce.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails