Image Map

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spicy Sesame Noodles

It's official everyone, I work at my company!  I know, it's an odd thing to say.  You might even be thinking "Wait Vicki, didn't you start your new job in July?"  First, thank you for remembering!  Second, yes.  I did start working at my job in the summer, but today I got my first set of business cards.


They are so pretty.  My name Dr. Wilde, Ph.D., in bold black lettering, tells everyone that I am an official member of the team!  Before I would go up to people and be all, "Hi, I work here!" and I would have no tangable proof to back up my claim.

Not any longer!  I work here now and I can prove it!  I can even back it up with a little information about what I'm working on.  I can spew fancy chemistry and pharmaceutical words and sound like a professional.  But don't let the business cards and fancy language fool you!  I'm still feeling my way around my new job. 


When I joined the team I was told that my first year would feel like I was thrown into the deep end of the pool.  I've learned to float and now I'm learning to swim.  Soon, I'll have all the goods necessary to back up that business card.  That little piece of card stock holds a lot of pressure and responsibility!  Here's to finding my sea legs!

Spicy Sesame Noodles
Adapted from Williams Sonoma - New York


1 bag of broad egg noodles

4 tbsp sesame oil
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (like Jif)
2 tsp tahini
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp siracha sauce
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped into big pieces
1 tbsp ginger, peeled and chopped into big pieces
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock

1 english (seedless) cucumber, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
2 green onions, green parts thinly sliced

Bring a big pot of water to a boil, add salt.  Add egg noodles and boil for about 10 minutes.  While they are cooking, prepare the sauce.

In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the sauce except chicken broth.  Pulse to combine everything.  Once it's all in a big peanutty paste, add chicken stock.  Scrape the sides if necessary to combine all of the peanut butter.

Drain the noodles and return to the pot.  Add sauce and chopped vegetables.  Stir to combine and dish out the bowls!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails