Image Map

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Almond Sugar Cookies

Hi Everyone, I hope that your weekend treated you well!  Boyfriend and I ventured into the city today for a macaron class (more on that later) then made our way in the chilly cold to S'Mac (our favorite comfort food place!).  If I had known that it would be this cold today, I would have scheduled the class for another weekend.  Really, any other weekend this winter would have been warmer!  Since I booked the class in September, I really had no idea how the weather would be.  At least spring is on its way!


Since it's Sunday and I'm cold, I'm going to leave you with this delicious cookie recipe.  Then I am going to climb under a pile of blankets, snuggle up to boyfriend on the couch and try to steal all his body heat.  Stay warm out there fellow freezing friends!

One Year Ago: Cinnamon Rolls
Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Gerard Mulot

This cookie recipe is actually a pate sablee recipe (pastry) from the chocolate tart I made two weeks ago.  I meant to make the chocolate pate sablee for my parents, but they were out of cocoa powder.  Replacing the same number of grams of cocoa powder with flour gave a fabulously sweet and moist crust and cookie.  Currently I only have the measurements in grams (but weighing out your ingredients is so much easier and more accurate, right!???), but I will add the cups and tbsp measures later this week. 

This cookie was moist and light with a great crunch.  It paired so well with the marshmallow fondant
and the whole thing just melted in your mouth.  Make these cookies right away!

358 g (12.67 oz) all-purpose flour

226 g (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
143 g (5 oz) confectioners sugar
49 g (1.75 oz) almond flour
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt

In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and salt. Once combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add almond flour and vanilla. Mix to combine. Add eggs, mix. Finally add the flour and mix until everything just comes together. Try to work fast so that the butter doesn't melt. Form into a disk and wrap up in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and allow to chill for 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 F. After the hour, roll out to 1/4-inch thickness, stamp out shapes with cookies cutters (I used a 3-inch scalloped circle) and place on a non-stick baking sheet.  Place in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes, this will keep the cookies from puffing up and losing their shape.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before adding your desired frosting.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails