Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

Wilde Week #27


- I was too exhausted yesterday to write up my usual Wilde Week Sunday post.  Why was I so tired?  Saturday BF and I ran a Spartan Race!  9 miles, 3 times up and down a ski slope in 3 hours.  You can see my before and after pics.  The after pic was even after a quick hose down!  I was happy to have finished in the top 30%.  It was a wicked course.

- While the summer is dwindling away, I still want these Peach Melba Popsicles.  There were a whole bunch of peaches at the farmers market this weekend, the last of the season!

- I ventured to Dominique Ansel Bakery this week to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Since it was past 7am, there were no cronuts to be found.  Luckily everything there is so good and I treated myself to this gluten free chocolate pecan cookie.  It was like a brownie on the inside, I had to split it with BF.  

- How adorable are these Mini Chocolate Tarts?  I'm totally making them, or at least the chocolate chip cookie crust.  Ah-mazing.

- Over the past year that I've owned my iPad, I've gone through three cases.  After having two hard plastic cases break (broken hinges & closures), I decided to switch over to a soft case and Kate Spade came through with this adorable cartoon-inspired case!  Bonus, it was on sale!  (I got it in the store, it doesn't seem to be online anymore.)

- I have made a ton of candies.  How have I never made these Homemade Snickers Bars?  I think they are going on my list for this fall.

- Fall is rearing it's head mostly in the morning around the tri-state region.  This means I tend to dress for Fall until noon and then I change into summer clothes.  I'm okay with this situation because it's the best of both worlds!  How's early September treating you?  I know that Fall recipes won't be showing up on WITK until the official start of the season!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails