Image Map

Sunday, November 1, 2015

J@H - Brownie Donuts with Peanut Butter Glaze

I have been looking forward to making my own donuts all year. Yes, I realize that I could have made donuts at any time, but it's been a crazy year and I haven't made breakfast once this year. I really need to make myself some French Toast this weekend.

A few years ago, I made a classic fried donut. This time I decided to go with a healthier cooking option and baked them. Rather than going completely healthy, I packed these with chocolate and covered them in peanut butter.


These donuts are dense and chocolatey, I can't responsibly tell you to eat these for breakfast.  I would suggest that you should make these and have them for dessert under a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.


I think that I need to make another batch of donuts. Something that is a little lighter and more breakfast appropriate. Maybe something packed with oranges or bananas?


Who am I kidding? These are delicious and probably just as good for you as having Pop Tarts for breakfast! The peanut butter frosting is the perfect topping to these dense brownie donuts. Get yourself a whole bunch of chocolate and butter and make these donuts! Then bring them to work and make all your coworkers happy (and fat).

One Year Ago: Loaded Potato Soup
Two Years Ago: Halloween Mallomars
Three Years Ago: Butternut Squash Cake
Four Years Ago: Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
Five Years Ago: Pear Cake with Pine Nuts



Brownie Donuts
Adapted from Decadent Donuts

4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
8 ounces butter
4 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown suger
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt

Preheat oven to 325 °F. Lightly coat donut pan with cooking spray.

Add chocolates and butter to a small saucepan. Heat over low until the chocolate and butter are melted. Whisk to combine. Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.  Add eggs, 1 at a time and whisk to combine. Add sugars and stir until smooth.

In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and Kosher salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Transfer donut batter to a large zip-top bag and snip off a corner. Pipe donut batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and let cool complete on a wire rack.

Peanut Butter Glaze

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 tablespoons 2% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chopped peanuts

Whisk peanut butter, milk and vanilla together in a bowl until smooth and free of lumps. Add powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Spread glaze on the donuts and sprinkle with peanuts.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails